Monday, August 29, 2005

Take a break, have a life!

Every now and then, you got to take a break. Get away from this dull, structured life – taste the freedom of having nothing to do and nothing to worry about for long stretches of time. Not food, not work, not family and not even yourself should intrude into this precious time – no sir, no– this should be pure survival and shouldn’t be mixed with the ‘idea of survival’ as given by civilization. Difficult of course, given that even the remotest corners of this world have been ‘civilized’ along with your brain! But try you can – to forget about that self-improvement goal, forget those gnawing hunger hours etched into memory from sitting before dumb machines and forget to think about returning back to that crazy life……and simply live!

That’s exactly what I tried to do or rather how it turned out to be! And as I said, it was difficult, very difficult and since I hadn’t planned it to be that way, it was even more so! But those ten days out of this ordinary life was……..well, no words would suffice simply because I refuse to define it in the brackets given by my ‘civilized’ brain! Maybe I would like to repeat it sometime in the future – not maybe but definitely – with a slight change, it would be for a longer period and if I could leave myself to, then sometime, maybe….never to return!

What I’m talking about is my trek to the Valley of Flowers and the Garhwal range of Central Himalayas that I came back from some one week ago. Though the trek started out as a pure “Valley of Flowers” trek, we decided to rename it to Garhwal Himalayas trek after an arduous time in that part of the country! A detailed blog with photos shall come up soon…..

No comments: