Monday, September 4, 2017

Healthy Vegan Cookies (Made with Whole Wheat, Coconut Oil and Palm Sugar)

I finally cracked the recipe for the perfect vegan version of the whole wheat cookie thanks to a recipe request from a friend. I am so thrilled that I couldn't stop myself from sharing it here!!

It turned out so crispy and so yummy...a delightful cross between coconut biscuit, butter biscuit, and choco chip cookies. A must try for sure.



Ingredients
* 1 cup wheat flour
1/2 - 3/4 cup powdered brown sugar or palm sugar (depending on taste preference). Can replace with Jaggery powder too
* 1/3 cup Coconut oil
* 1/2 Teaspoon salt
* 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
* 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence (I don't use this as I am not sure what you get in the regular market is synthetic chemicals or the real Vanilla essence. I am just waiting for my Vanilla plant to start flowering to make my own essence!!)

Optional: 1/3 cup of walnuts or choco chips or other nuts. You may grind the nuts roughly along with the palm sugar to get a better texture instead of the nuts as is when you bite into the cookie.

How to make:
1. Mix all ingredients together to the consistency of thick chapati dough.
2. Make it into small balls and flatten slightly into cookie shapes. If balls don't form, add one spoon or more of water and try again.
3. Preheat oven. Bake at 180° c for 12-15 mins (Alter time according to the preference for softness or crispness and oven condition).
4. Cookies will spread on being baked. So make small balls/flats.
5. Once baked, cool for a few mins and then bite into the best vegan whole wheat cookies you have tasted in a while.

1 comment:

Chaitra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.